Foundations of Aromatherapy:
Level One Certificate Program | Live in-person class
Curriculum: New York Institute of Aromatic Studies
DATE: January 18th & 19th and February 8th & 9th, 2020
TIME: 9:30am to 5:30pm
Location: Historical Downtown Snohomish, WA.
Instructor: Michelle Ensley LMT, CA.
Max Capacity: 10 Students
Cost: Full Payment by December 15, 2019 – Just $575!
Payment Plan – $650
Please Note: Registration requires $100.00 non-refundable deposit.
Full balance must be paid by February 9, 2020.
Foundations of Aromatherapy: Level One Certificate Program course has been designed for individuals interested in advancing their journey into aromatherapy by becoming certified. This course provides you with a solid foundation in aromatherapy so that you can begin or add to your practice, build your business, or simply be empowered to care for yourself and your family using the beauty of plant-derived essential oils and other botanicals.
This Level One Certificate Program meets and exceeds level one educational standards set forth by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. Upon completion of this course, you may join NAHA as a Certified Aromatherapist: Level 1.
A transformative learning experience, our Foundations program was created for anyone interested in a meaningful exploration of aromatherapy and essential oils. Estheticians, yoga teachers, health practitioners, beauty entrepreneurs, massage therapists, psychotherapists and more—all are welcome. The program is interactive, comprehensive and lively—a guided journey into an intricate, beautiful world.
The Foundations Level One Certificate Program is for Everyone!!
- The Aromatherapy Entrepreneur who would like to develop or expand their existing business.
- Massage Therapists and Estheticians who would like to add aromatherapy into their practice.
- Individuals who would like to be empowered to care for themselves, their family and friends with natural plant-based remedies.
- Herbalists interested in integrating essential oils into their herbal practice and formulations.
- Brand wellness advocates and representatives who would like to deepen their knowledge while selling a line of essential oils.
What you will learn:
- The incredible history of aromatherapy and its modern development.
- The origins and purpose of essential oils within the plant
- What an essential oil is and how it is produced.
- How to ‘smell’ an essential oil and….key elements to identifying quality of an essential oil.
- Learn about the amazing sense of smell and how it can transform emotions and well-being.
- How to formulate and blend to support emotional well-being.
- How the chemistry of an essential oil supports its therapeutic properties.
- A common-sense approach to safety with essential oils.
- The basics of anatomy and physiology of the skin and key factors which support the skin’s health and beauty.
- How to formulate a variety of aromatic and herbal products.
- How to make a variety of aromatherapy-based skin care products that nourish the skin.
- 24 essential oils, including Latin binomial, safety information for each oil, plus the therapeutic and/or energetic properties of each individual essential oil.
- Essential Oil Monographs: Roman Chamomile, Clary sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus globulus, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Juniper berry, Laurel, Bay, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Mandarin / Tangerine, Sweet Orange, Patchouli, Peppermint, Pine, Scots, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang
30 CE Hours for Massage Therapist
Module 1: Introduction and Manufacturing Forms
Getting Started, Supply List and Recommended Books, Introduction to Aromatherapy, Holistic Health and Wellness, The Art of Language How to Complete Program, About Case Studies, Submit Case Studies, Foundations Final Exam
Module 2: Plants and Essential Oils
Medicinal Plants, Biological Role of Essential Oils, From Plant to Essential Oil, Absolutes and CO2 Extracts, The Basics of Essential Oils, Quality Assurance, Safety and Essential Oils
Module 3: Exploring 24 Essential Oils
How to Read Essential Oil Monographs, Essential Therapeutics (24 essential oils)
Essential Oil Monographs: Roman Chamomile, Clary sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Juniper berry, Laurel, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Mandarin / Tangerine, Sweet Orange, Patchouli, Peppermint, Pine, Scots, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang. Sprout: Insight About Blending
Module 4: Essential Phytochemistry
Introduction to the Chemistry of Essential Oils, Monoterpenes and Sesquiterpenes, Alcohols and Esters, Aldehydes and Ketones, Phenols and Phenylpropanoids, Oxides and Other Families, Chemistry in Practice
Module 5: Methods of Application
Body/Facial Oils and Creams, Cleansers and Toners, Aromatic Baths, Spritzers and Scrubs, Inhalation and Diffusion, Gels and Salves, Compress, Hot Towels, and Mouthwash, Undiluted/Neat Application
Module 6: Blending and Consultations
The Aromatherapy Consultation, Developing a ‘Treatment’ Framework, Developing an Aromatic Blend, Final Steps Blending, Blending Observations, Aromatic Program Charts
Module 7: Aromatherapy and the Skin
Understanding the Skin, Essential Oils for the Skin, Vegetable Oils, Other Raw Material, Hydrosols, Common Skin Conditions, Herbal Infused Oils and Salves with Juliet Blankespoor
Module 8: Our Sense of Smell
Introduction to Olfaction, Anatomy of Olfaction, The Limbic System, Aromatherapy and Stress, Flower Essences with Cathy Skipper
Module 9: Aromatics in Health
The Respiratory System, The Digestive System, The Musculoskeletal System, Women’s Health, The Circulatory System, and Aromatherapy for Children
Module 10: Business and Aromatherapy
The Business of Aromatherapy, Business Development, Resources
Disclaimer: Lilygrace Botanical’s content is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or a substitute for medical treatment. Nor do we, in any way, claim to offer any products, treatment, service, or advice that purpose to cure, heal, or alleviate, or prevent, any illness or medical condition. Anyone with any medical condition is advised to seek the appropriate advice and treatment from your medical provider.